What We Offer:
Wrap Around Services
Family Goal Setting
Social Emotional Supports
THA Staff Coaching
Families Can Earn Up To $375 In Cash Incentives
We Provide Support For Tacoma Housing Families
How it Works
Earn cash through completion of family goals:
- Complete a family goal plan with a case worker = $25
- Parent attends social emotional classes = $100
- Student attends learning/mentoring classes = $50
- Completion of family goals listed in plan = $200
- Total earned for participation = $375
2Gen Partners, like the YMCA, KBTC and the Health Department will be available to provide mentorship programs, tutoring, social emotional learning.
Eligible Families Will:
- Have a Household Income of 80% Area Medium or Less
- Have at Least 1 Student in grades K-12
- Have Goals to Work on as a Family
The 2Gen Family Engagement Program (“2Gen”) pilot emphasizes a two-generational approach to housing and family stability for families with elementary, middle, and high school-aged youth, with wrap-around services focused on family goal setting, social-emotional learning, and practice. The pilot recognizes the role of families in the driver’s seat in determining their goals and family incentives to achieve these goals.
The goal of the program is to create opportunities for families with school-aged children and teens to learn about and practice Social Emotional Learning (SEL) together. Staff will utilize The Prosperity Agenda’s Family-Centered Coaching tools and techniques to help support the whole family as they work together to build family goals, centered around their hopes and dreams. THA will build a robust partnership infrastructure based on family wants and needs.
Through various community partnerships, that will focus on Social Emotional Learning (SEL) Supports as well as with the YMCA, for mentoring and family skills support, the Program aims to increase resources access for families living in THA’s West Portfolio communities.
- Complete a Family Goal Plan with a THA Case Worker – $25
- Parent attends Social Emotional Learning Class @ at least 75% attendance – $100
- Student attends Social Emotional Learning or Mentoring Program @ at least 75% attendance – $50 (per Middle or High School Student)
- Completion of Goals listed in Family Goals Plan – $200 upon documentation
Send us a message and we'll get back to you!